This is TJBC

Every machine Iwork with is a learning experience, a journey not to be missed, and a destination to be falling in love with, over and over again.

Question everything.





9/14/2011

It wont Fit! Fuckface!

I often use parts from other vehicles, 2, and 4 wheeled, to build a bike. Its called re-purposing something. Just as you can make some rad footpegs out of rail road spikes, or an air cleaner cover out of an old lantern, Its all the same movement. Using something that wasnt built for the new purpose it now fills.

I have been hunting high and low for a part for a stock carburetor that im using on tonys bike.
this part is used on many mx bikes so I call a few mx aftermarket places and see if they have the part. This one guy asked me the make and model of the bike and I said, Its custom, he asked what make and modela gain, , so i said well the carb in question is a keihin CV carb mated to a 600 cc shadow engine and im looking for a certain part for the carb.
He goes oh we dont have anything for that. So I asked if he carried the part I needed and he said yes, and i said ok, how much?

Dude goes "bro, we carry stuff for dirtbikes not for your kind of bike"

Im getting frustrated, "BRO, why do you care so much how i'm going to use a part? I wanna come give you my fucking money for a part and you are turning away a customer because you dont fully grasp what I'm doing. Do you think the hardware store has to fully grasp why you buy a 2x4 and make sure you only buy it for a single purpose?? fuck no!
so can you please just tell me how much this piece is?"

the Bromosexual yells at me over the phone, " DOOOOD! I'm telling you, It wont fit"

I responded calmly "Thats what she said... Fuckface." and I hung up.


No comments: